Head of Product Development
Glade is a rapidly growing ski goggle, helmet, and sunglasses brand based in Breckenridge, Colorado. In only a few short seasons, we have amassed awards and accolades from some of the top publications in the industry, including Outside Magazine, Backcountry Magazine, Ski Magazine, Freeskier, Backpacker Magazine, Blister Gear Review, and more. We are backed by a group of investors and advisors deeply entrenched in the snow and outdoor space, and we have an army of loyal customers who are devoted to helping us change the face of our category.
We are on the lookout for a thoughtful, design obsessed product developer to own our product development process from concept to production. This role is an essential part of delivering on the Glade brand promise, and you will work closely with the founder to ideate and create Glade’s multi-year, seasonal, and limited-edition product lines.
The products you build will shape the future of the ski industry and compete directly with the biggest, boldest names in the category.
- Ownership of overall commercialization of Glade product lines from concept through production. This includes limited edition, seasonal, and multi-year product lines with a heavy emphasis on ski goggles, helmets, and sunglasses.
- Develop unique, cost effective seasonal collections rooted in consumer research, competitor research, and on-trend materials / technology.
- Identify and collaborate with media outlets, athletes, artists, and other individuals with an outdoor audience to create one of a kind, limited edition products.
- Keep abreast of all competitor brands and latest materials and production processes.
- Actively research product influences: trend, market, field use, with the customer needs at the center.
- Use sketches, 3D models, and prototypes to communicate your designs.
- Create and implement a forward looking product development calendar for timely and transparent reporting about development activities, successes, and issues.
- Source and maintain factory relationships, as well as communication with vendors through all stages of quoting and manufacturing.
- Ensure products meet all safety standards and testing guidelines.
Success in the first year might look like:
- Successful launch of multi-SKU spring and summer sunglasses line.
- Design and development of a new goggle model.
- Timely roll out of winter product lineup, including goggles, helmets, and accessories.
- Introduction of 2-4 new, limited edition products outside of our core offerings.
- Development of 2-4 collaborative products with like-minded brands.
Key metrics you will be responsible for:
- Revenue driven by new products.
- Number of new products released.
- Returning customer rate.
- On-time delivery.
- Order return rate.
- Product development experience, ideally in eyewear and/or outdoor product category.
- A strong working knowledge of the product development process.
- Exceptional portfolio, demonstrating examples of products created from concept to production, and with successful introduction to market.
- Interest and passion for the ski industry.
- High proficiency with 2D & 3D rendering software to quickly create photo realistic imagery.
- Proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes and associated costing for materials.
- Proficient knowledge of branding and how to lead the creation of products that connect with customers.
- Can be local to Breckenridge, CO or remote.
Glade offers competitive salaries and equity participation.